TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating a bucket
- Creating a security key
- Link key to bucket
- Bucket access
- Software suggestions (to upload/download/access files)
- Renaming a bucket
- Removing a key from a bucket
- Deleting a bucket
Creating a bucket
Creating a security key
To create a key: open the BigStorage website > click on the hamburger icon to open the pages > select the keys page > add a key name, select the permission level and select 'Add key'
For more information on naming conventions see: > bucket tag name and naming conventions.
The new key will be displayed on the keys page. The secret and access key can be found by selecting the icon under 'Reveal Keys'. Copy, and use this when you use your S3-Compatible client software to access the bucket.
Please note: You need to associate the security key to your buckets, for more information see > how do I grant access to the files in my bucket?
Link key to bucket
See > how to I link a key to a bucket?
You cannot access a bucket or its contents directly from the BigStorage webpage. You must use an S3-compatible client. For more information, see > client Software Suggestions.
Before you start
Associate the Key to the bucket to which you want grant access. See > link key to bucket for more information.
Copy the Access and Secret Keys of the Key to configure the s3-compatible client: Click on Keys page > identify key associated to the bucket > click on 'Reveal Keys'
Cyberduck will be used for illustration purposes. Most software clients will be configured in a similar manner.
Using the master key:
Download and install Cyberduck (or your client of choice)> click on 'Open Connection' where you will see:
Complete the fields using:
- Connection Type: Amazon S3
- Server / Host: s3.bigstorage.io
- Port: 443
- Access Key ID: the access key of the relevant key; Keys page > Locate relevant key > Click on Reveal keys.
- Secret Access Key: the secret key from the relevant key: Keys page > Locate relevant key > Click on Reveal keys.
- Leave 'Path' empty > Click on 'Connect'
- Save the Connection, else you will have to repeat these steps every time: go to the 'Bookmark' tab and then select 'New Bookmark'.
- Give your Bookmark a good Nickname and then close the screen: i.e. rapid-sea-3479
Using a Full/Read Access Level Key
Repeat steps 1-5 above.
Complete Path (Under More options) as follows: /server-name-number i.e. /rapid-sea-3479 (DON'T forget the '/' in front of the server name)
- Select 'Connect'
- You will now see all the files uploaded to the bucket associated to the Key used.
- Save the Connection, else you will have to repeat these steps every time: Go to the 'Bookmark' tab and then select 'New Bookmark'.
- Give your Bookmark a good Nickname and then close the screen i.e. rapid-sea-3479.
Software suggestions (to upload/download/access files)
See > client Software Suggestions.
Renaming a bucket
See > how do I rename a bucket?.
Removing a key from a bucket
See > how to remove a key from a bucket.
Deleting a bucket
Noticed a discrepancy or a bug? > Let Us Know!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article