TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How do I grant access to the files in my bucket?
- How to I link a key to a bucket?
- What is an OTP, and why is it important?
- How do I access my bucket?
- Tips to create a strong password
- How do I rename a bucket?
- Can I sign into BigStorage with my CloudApp credentials?
- How do I reset/change my password?
- Can I access my bucket without a security key?
- How do I create a security key?
- How to rename a key
- Why is my first bucket and key autogenerated?
- How to remove a key from a bucket
- No options available when associating a key to a bucket
- S3 Enabled client software setup tutorials
How do I grant access to the files in my bucket?
How to I link a key to a bucket?
Now, the associated key name will be inside the frame of the edited bucket on the dashboard page. To access the bucket with the key, you will need to use the associated Access and Secret Key: navigate to the Keys page > Identify the key associated to the bucket > select 'Reveal Keys'
What is an OTP, and why is it important?
An OTP is a One Time Pin. It can only be used once, and only for the purpose for which it was generated.
We send this OTP to the registered user’s cell number, as a security measure to specifically authenticate the identification of the logged in user. If anyone else has managed to log into your BigStorage account, they will not be able to delete any buckets or Security keys without also having access to your cell phone, and the OTP sms.
Upon registration you will receive 1 OTP via your registered email address. In addition, when any bucket is deleted, and OTP is sent via SMS and Email.
How do I access my bucket?
You can’t access your bucket (or its contents) directly from the BigStorage Website.
You must use an S3-compatible client. For details on clients we can suggest, click here.
Tips to create a strong password
BigStorage has some rules built into the password format, which will go a very long way to ensure that your password is safe and secure (as long as you don't share it with anyone).
How do I rename a bucket?
- Login on the BigStorage website > from the Dashboard, select the bucket that you want to rename > select the edit icon in the top right hand corner
- The Bucket Tag Name field now becomes editable. For the Bucket Tag name naming convention, see > bucket tag name and naming conventions
- Add your new bucket name > click 'Update'
Can I sign into BigStorage with my CloudApp credentials?
Yes! While re-registration is not necessary for our existing CloudApp Customers, there are still a few things to keep in mind!
How do I reset/change my password?
For more information see: > tips to create a strong password
You can also change your password from the Profile Page, once you are already logged in.
Remember: If you also have a CloudApp profile, the password for that app will also be changed!!
1. Simply open the Profile Page, and then select the 'Password Reset' Tab
2. Enter your current password, then the New and Confirm Password.
3. Finally select “Reset password” and you are set.
Can I access my bucket without a security key?
As the owner of the account and all buckets, there is a master key created automatically, which grants you full access to all buckets linked to your account. You don't have to create another key for yourself.
NOTE: The Master key cannot be deleted or changed, so we recommend that you don't share this information with anyone else. It would be better to create a second key with Full permission access if you would like to share that with another person / system.
How do I create a security key?
Open the BigStorage Website.
Once created, Find your new key in the list displayed on the Keys page, and click on the icon under 'Reveal Keys' to see the Secret- and Access Key.Copy this and use it when you use your S3-Compatible client software to access the bucket.
NOTE: You need to associate the security key to your buckets, see: > how do I grant access to the files in my bucket?
How to rename a key
Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available. Apologies for any inconvenience!
Why is my first bucket and key autogenerated?
The first bucket IS created automatically to set up your account structure, and to ensure that all future buckets and keys to belong to the same owner account. The first key is created automatically to establish a master key which has access to all buckets linked to the your account.
How to remove a key from a bucket
NOTE: any system/person previously using this key will no longer be able to access the contents of the bucket after this action is completed
To remove the key from the bucket:
- Open the bucket dashboard > select the bucket that is linked to the key
- One or more keys may be associated to this bucket, so find the Key that you would like to remove, and click on the trash bin icon.
- Select 'Confirm' when prompted
No options available when associating a key to a bucket
The reason for this is likely that no Key has been created yet. Open the Keys Page, and create a key first before associating it with a bucket.
Which Client Software can be used to Manage Files?
S3 Enabled client software setup tutorials
- > Cyberduck - BigStorage Setup Tutorial
- > S3 Browser - BigStorage Setup Tutorial
- > WinSCP - BigStorage Setup Tutorial
- > S3 Client Software - Expected Messages
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article